Monday 8 February 2010

Essaywtf


Tilleke Schwarz


- i may have posted about her before. I have loved her work since AS level.
Meanwhile i'm trying to figure out what to write for my essay. and mulling over it here.


- a similar aesthetic
-i think i'm having a similar dialogue with the viewers of my work as she is with hers...

"My work can be understood as a kind of visual poetry. It is a mixture of contemporary influences, graffiti, icons, texts and traditional images from samplers. The embroidery contains narrative elements. Not really complete stories, with a beginning, a storyline, and an end. On the contrary, the narrative structures are used as a form of communication with the viewer. Welcom

The viewer is invited to decipher connections or to create them. The viewer may assemble the stories and to produce chronological and causal structures. Actually the viewer might step into the role of the "author". It can become a kind of play between the viewer and me. The work also

relates to the history of humanity that is determined through stories."


HOWEVER: I don't feel like i am presenting a story or poetry. i don't feel like i am well realised enough to be showing a viewer anything. More like i am still squirming around in amniotic fluid, trying to stand up. And here i am talking about my self before i'm talking about my work. which shows you just how in it's infancy, i find my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment